ASSIGNMENT TITLE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ED) IWA-UGANDA
IWA-Uganda has 5-year strategic plan running from 2017-2021. The plan is focus on improving the health, Agricultural practices and production, Education and Culture of the Iteso community. IWA Uganda is therefore looking for an enthusiastic Executive Director to provide overall leadership to organization.
Scope of Work
The Executive Director is the key management leader of IWA – UG. The Executive Director is responsible for Overseeing the Administration, Programs and Strategic Plan of IWA – UG. Other key duties include Fundraising, Advocacy, Marketing, and Community Outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Trustees (BOT).
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of Annual Budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3. Serving as IWA – UG’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance IWA – UG’s Mission.
5. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
6. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
2. Transparent and high integrity leadership
3. Five or more years of experience in a senior non-profit management position
4. Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
5. Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
6. Ability to convey a vision of IWA – UG’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and
7. Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
8. Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
9. Strong written and oral communication skills
10. Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
11. Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
12. Strong public speaking ability.
13. Willingness to volunteer
Terms and Conditions of work
1. The Executive Director shall report directly to the Board of Trustees IWA –Uganda.
2. The volunteer position is initially for six (6) months.
3. It’s not a full time job, therefore time on task is negotiable.
4. It will be reviewed by the BOT after each contract period.
All applications should be submitted to:
The Chairman, Iteso Welfare Association-Uganda.
P.O BOX 321 SOROTI, UGANDA
PLOT 49/51BUKOTO STREET
Or through online to email@example.com
Telephone: 0775377525 or 0782060749
Deadline for receiving applications shall be Friday 3rd July 2018 at 5:00pm.